Chris Knight Biography
Chris Knight is an American singer and songwriter and has majored on Rock, Folk-rock, Country rock and Americana types of music. He has worked with different labels like; Decca, Dualtone and Drifter’s Church Productions. After getting his degree he worked for ten years as a mine reclamation inspector and as a miner’s consultant for the Kentucky Department of Surface Mining.
Chris Knight Age
Chris was born in the year 1960 and celebrates his birthday on 24th June.
Chris Knight Family
Knight was born to his parents in St. Louis, Missouri in the United States of America and grew up in Slaughters, Kentucky with his extended family in the same area. His father was a pipe liner and Knight is related to three brothers and one sister. He became serious about the music and began teaching himself John Prine songs on his older brother’s guitar when he was 15 years old.
Chris holds an American nationality.
Chris Knight Education
Knight Studied and graduated with a degree in agriculture from Western Kentucky University.
Chris Knight Career
The country-rock artist went to Nashville and got a spot on a songwriters’ night at the Bluebird Cafe. While he was there, he met producer Frank Liddell who signed him to a contract with Bluewater Music. When Decca Records hired Frank Liddell for an A&R position, Chris received a contract and in 1998 Decca released his self-titled debut. Knight used to live in a 10′-x-15′ trailer on 90 acres in Slaughters when the album was released. At the end of 1990, Decca terminated his contract with Chris. After several years without a label, Knight signed with Dualtone Music Group. He later decided to do his music independently with the help of his manager.
Chris Knight started writing songs when he was 26 years old but he started performing while he got into his 30’s. He got his first record deal when he was 37 years old and worked with record labels like Decca, Dualtone and Drifter’s Church Productions.
Chris Knight Albums
- Chris Knight
- A Pretty Good Guy
- The Jealous Kind
- Enough Rope
- The Trailer Tapes
- Heart of Stone
- Trailer II
- Little Victories
Knight Songs Written or Co-written
- “A Pretty Good Guy” – Fred Eaglesmith
- “A Train Not Running” – Stacy Dean Campbell
- “Becky’s Bible” – Jason Savory
- “Cry Lonely” – Cross Canadian Ragweed
- “Heart of Stone” – Dan Baird
- “Highway Junkie” – Randy Travis, Gary Allan, The Yayhoos, The Von Ehrics
- “I Don’t Want to Hang Out With Me” – Confederate Railroad
- “It Ain’t Easy Being Me” – John Anderson, Jason McCoy, and Blake Shelton
- “Love and Gasoline” and “She’s Leaving This Town” – The Great Divide
- “Love at 90 Miles an Hour” – Ty Herndon
- “She Couldn’t Change Me” – Montgomery Gentry
- “The Hammer Goin Down” – The Road Hammers
Chris Knight Net Worth
Knight’s net worth is still under preview.