Cindy Adams Biography
Cindy Adams is born Cynthia Adams Sugar is an American writer and gossip columnist. She is also the widow of comedian/humorist Joey Adams who passed on in 1999.
Cindy went to Andrew Jackson High School although she did not graduate even after being academically qualified. Allegedly, the principal reportedly refused to graduate her unless she learned to sew. She grew up in Washington Heights, Manhattan and Jamaica Estates, Queens.
Cindy Adams Age | How Old Is Cindy Adams
She was born on 24 April 1930 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. She is 88 years old as of 2018.
Cindy Adams Family
Cindy is the only child of Jessica Sugar, an executive secretary for the New York City Water Department. Her father remains unknown although in a post to celebrate her mother, Cindy mentions that he was a dentist. Her parents got divorced when she was one year old and her mother became a single parent till she got married to insurance agent Harry Heller.
Cindy Adams Husband
She was married to the late Joey Adams till his death. The two met when they appeared on the same radio show, a year after Cindy began to work as a photographer’s model in Manhattan. They kicked off their relationship and got married in 1952 on Valentine’s Day. Their marriage did not bear children and after a long illness, Joey died in 1999. He was also an American, a comedian, vaudevillian, radio host, nightclub performer, and author.
Cindy Adams New York Post
Adams has been working for the New York Post, writing a gossip column since 1979. She also wrote for the post at the same time as her husband as well as for other local papers.
Cindy Adams Soekarno
Sukarno was Indonesia’s first president who served from 1945 to 1967. Adams co-wrote an English autobiography of President Sukarno in 1965 and another one two years later.
Cindy Adams Page Six
Page Six is a celebrity gossip site (PageSix.com) that is operated by The New York Post, a daily newspaper in New York City. It is also a gossip section on the NY Post that was created by James Brady and is edited by Emily Smith. Its publication is done four times a year with the daily web content being published at www.pagesix.com.
Cindy Adams Books
- Soekarno (Sukarno); Adams, Cindy Heller (1965). Sukarno – An Autobiography. Bobbs-Merrill. (Indianapolis, Indiana; Kansas City, Missouri). OCLC 256887.
- Adams, Cindy Heller (1967). My Friend the Dictator. Bobbs-Merrill (Indianapolis, Indiana). OCLC 1129848.
- Gabor, Jolie; Adams, Cindy Heller (1975). Jolie Gabor. Mason/Charter (New York City). ISBN 978-0-88405-125-1.
- Adams, Cindy Heller (1980). Lee Strasberg – The Imperfect Genius of the Actors Studio. Doubleday (Garden City, New York). ISBN 978-0-385-12496-6.
- Adams, Cindy Heller; Crimp, Susan (1995). Iron Rose – The Story of Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy and Her Dynasty. Dove Books (Beverly Hills, California). ISBN 978-0-7871-0475-7.
- Adams, Cindy (2003). The Gift of Jazzy. St. Martin’s Press (New York City). ISBN 978-0-312-27307-1.
- Adams, Cindy (2007). Living a Dog’s Life – Jazzy, Juicy, and Me. St. Martin’s Press (St. Martin’s Griffin imprint) (New York City). ISBN 978-0-312-36407-6.
Gossip By Cindy Adams
This is a feminine perfume by the writer. Its scent was launched in 1997 while the bottle was designed by her (Cindy Adams) and Marc Rosen.
Cindy Adams Net Worth
The gossip columnist has an estimated net worth of $50 million.