Joel Fuhrman Biography
Dr. Joel Fuhrman is an American celebrity doctor, six-timeNew York Times best-selling author.Dr. Fuhrman is an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing, who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional methods. Dr.Fuhrman cast the term “Nutritarian” to describe his eating style, which is built around a diet of nutrient-dense, plant-rich foods. Dr. Fuhrman has authored countless research articles published in medical journals and is on the faculty of Northern Arizona University, Health Science Division. Dr. Furhman serves as President of the Nutritional Research Foundation.
For over 25 years, Dr.Joel Fuhrman has shown that it is possible to achieve sustainable weight loss and reverse heart disease, diabetes and many other illnesses using smart nutrition. In his medical practice, and through his books and television specials, he continues to bring this life-saving message to hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
Joel Fuhrman Education
Joel is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of medicine (1988). He has received the St. Joseph’s Family Practice Residents Teaching Award for his contribution to the education of family practice residents. Dr. Fuhrman also provides nutritional education to other physicians. He has guest lectured at Cornell University Graduate Program in Human Nutrition. Dr. Fuhrman is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Health Association and the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Joel Fuhrman Career
Fuhrman sits on the advisory panel of The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and is a diplomat of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Joel’s corporate experience includes a position on the PwC Health and Performance Advisory Panel at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Joel Fuhrman is a former world-class figure and was a member of the United States World Figure Skating Team. Fuhrman won second place in the U.S National Paris Championships in 1973. In 1976, he was placed third in the World Professional Paris Skating Championships in Jaca, Spain.
He is still active in the sport by participating in the Sports Medicine Committee of the Professional Skaters Guild of America. His dedication to sports medicine, health and fitness, preventive care, and nutrition speak to these prevailing interests.
A picture of Dr. Fuhrman
Joel Fuhrman Age
Dr.Fuhrman was born on 2 December 1953. He is currently 66 years old.
Joel Fuhrman Diet
Dr. Fuhrman has described 8 steps to living a Nutritarian Lifestyle.
- Understand food addiction/cravings
- Understand the concept of nutrient density
- Re-Route your thinking
- Plan and Organize
- Re-train your taste buds
- Embrace your natural sweet tooth
- Make the salad the main dish and eat lots of anti-cancer foods
- Avoid nutrient deficiencies
He also has numerous youtube videos on the practice of healthy living.
Joel Fuhrman Books
Dr. Joel Fuhrman has written a number of books as follows
- Eat to live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss
- Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook:131 Delicious Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health.
- The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
- Eat to Live Cookbook 200 Delicious Nutrient-Rich Recipes for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, Reversing Disease, and Lifelong Health
- Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free.
- The End of Heart Disease: The Eat to Live Plan to prevent and Reverse Heart disease
- The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life
- Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor’s Program for Conquering Disease
- Nutritarian Handbook & Food Scoring Guide
- Eat for Health
- Fast Food Genocide: How Processed Food is Killing Us and What We Can Do About It
- Disease-Proof Your Kids: Feeding Kids Right
Joel Fuhrman Fasting
Dr. Fuhrman talks about Intermittent fasting also known as time-restricted eating. Dr. Fuhrman describes how it can be accomplished through the following habits:Limiting your caloric intake to a window of 6 to 10 hours a day alternating 5 days of regular meals with 2 calorie-restricted days (of approximately 500 to 600 calories)Alternating a longer eating time window one day with a shorter eating time window the next just eating breakfast and lunch and skipping dinner whenever possible.
Joel Fuhrman Recipes
To find his recipes search for Dr.Fuhrman Recipes.