Lisa Harper Biography
Lisa Harper is a gifted communicator, she writes and speaks using colorful pop culture references that connect the dots between the Bible era and modern life. Past experiences include women’s ministry director at Focus on the Family as well as a large church in Nashville.
Rarely are the terms hilarious storyteller and theological scholar used in the same sentence, much less used to describe the same person but then again, Lisa Harper is anything but stereotypical!
Lisa Harper Age | Birthday
Lisa was born on August 24, 1963 in United States, she is American. As of 2018, she is aged 55 years old.
Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Harper Lisa Education
Her academic resume includes a Masters of Theological Studies with honors from Covenant Seminary in St. Louis.
Lisa Harper Kids | Children
Novelist Harper has a daughter that she adopted. She is known as Missy; from Haiti.
Harper And James Dobson
Evangelical Christian and psychologist James Dobson was the founder of Harper’s former employer Focus on the Family.
Lisa Harper Career | Occupation
Her vocational resume includes six years as the director of Focus on the Family’s national women’s ministry where she created the popular Renewing the Heart conferences, attended by almost 200,000 women, followed by six years as the women’s ministry director at a large church in Nashville.
Now a sought-after Bible teacher and speaker, Lisa was on the Women of Faith national arena tour for eight years and speaks at many other large multi-denominational events as well as at hundreds of churches all over the world.
Here are some of Harper’s books;
- Believing Jesus: Are You Willing to Risk Everything? A Journey Through the Book of Acts
- The Sacrament of Happy: What a Smiling God Brings to a Wounded World
- A Perfect Mess: Why You Don’t Have to Worry About Being Good Enough for God
- Job – Bible Study Book: A Story of Unlikely Joy
- Stumbling Into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman
- Hebrews- Bible Study Book: The Nearness of King Jesus
- Believing Jesus Study Guide: A Journey Through the Book of Acts
- Malachi: A Love That Never Lets Go
- Untamed: How the Wild Side of Jesus Frees Us to Live and Love with Abandon
- Overextended and Loving Most of It: The Unexpected Joy of Being Harried, Heartbroken, and Hurling Oneself Off Cliffs
- Facing the Giants: Member Book
- Relentless Love: God’s Faithfulness In The Face of Human Failure
- What Every Girl Wants: A Portrait of Perfect Love & Intimacy in the Song of Solomon
- Every Woman’s Hope
- Holding Out for a Hero: A New Spin on Hebrews
- Who’s Your Daddy? Discovering the Awesomest Daddy Ever
Lisa Harper Awards
Audie Award for Inspirational/Faith-based Non-Fiction.
Lisa Harper Image | Picture | Photo
- “Satan’s strategy is effective because he sprinkles his poisonous brew with just enough veracity that we’ll swallow it.”
- “Every single person on this planet is worth the trouble we might face in the context of sharing Christ with them”
- “It was never meant to be a prescribed time and place for us to obsess about doing the appropriate thing at the appropriate moment all while wearing an appropriate outfit.”
- “Fear and disillusionment. Courage and commitment. Intense emotion and unbridled passion. The ultimate risk of life in exchange for undeserved grace and a treasured spot in eternity.”
- “We need an untamed Savior because… only a wildly redemptive Jesus can free us from the pain and bondage of past mistakes!”
- “We are surrounded by a great cloud of people whose lives tell us what faith means. So let us run the race that is before us and never give up.”