Matthew Weiner Biography
Matthew Weiner (full name: Matthew Hoffman Weiner) is an American writer, producer, director, actor and author, best known as the creator of the television series Mad Men and The Romanoffs. He was also the writer and executive producer on The Sopranos and a writer on the sitcom Becker. He made his filmmaking debut in 2013 when he wrote, directed and produced the comedy-drama film Are You Here. He published his first novel Heather, the Totality in 2017.
Matthew Weiner Age
Weiner is 54 years old as of 2019. He was born on June 29, 1965 in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Matthew Weiner Education
Weiner attended The Park School of Baltimore and proceeded to Harvard School for Boys in Los Angeles. He later enrolled in the College of Letters at Wesleyan University, studying literature, philosophy, and history and earned an MFA from the University of Southern California School of Cinema and Television.
Matthew Weiner Wife – Married | Matthew Weiner Son
Weiner is a married man since 1991, to Linda Brettler, an architect. They have four sons together. One of their sons, Marten Holden Weiner, is an actor known for his role as Glen Bishop on Mad Men.Matthew Weiner’s Photo
Matthew Weiner Books
- 2017 – Heather, the Totality
Matthew Weiner Career
Weiner began his career as a screenwriter writing for the short-lived Fox sitcom Party Girl (1996). He was a writer and producer on The Naked Truth and Andy Richter Controls the Universe. In 1999, he wrote the pilot of Mad Men as a spec script while working as a writer on Becker.
He also served as a supervising producer for the fifth season of The Sopranos (2004). He was a co-executive producer for the first part of the sixth season (2006), and an executive producer for the second part of the sixth season (2007). He received two Primetime Emmy Awards as a producer of The Sopranos — one for the show’s fifth season in 2004 and one for the second part of the show’s sixth season in 2007.
He also acted in two episodes, “Two Tonys” and “Stage 5” as fictional mafia expert Manny Safier, author of The Wise Guide to Wise Guys, on TV news broadcasts within the show. He taught at his alma mater during the show’s hiatus at the University of Southern California School of Cinema-Television (now School of Cinematic Arts). He taught an undergraduate screenwriting class on Feature Rewriting during the Fall 2004 semester.
His first feature film was Are You Here, filmed in North Carolina and premiered at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival and released in 2014.
Matthew Weiner Net Worth
Matthew Weiner has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Matthew Weiner Movies and TV Series
- 1997–1998 (ABC) – The Naked Truth as a Writer
- 1999–2002 (CBS) – Becker as a Writer and Producer
- 2002 (The WB) – Baby Blues as a Writer
- 2002 (NBC) – In-Laws as a Writer
- 2002–2003 (Fox) – Andy Richter Controls the Universe as a Writer and Supervising producer
- 2004–2007 (HBO) – The Sopras as a Writer, Executive Producer and Actor
- 2007–2015 (AMC) – Mad Men as a Writer, Executive Producer, Director and Creator
- 2011 (Fox) – The Simpsons as an Actor
- 2016 (Netflix) – Orange Is the New Black as a Director
- 2018 (Amazon Video) – The Romaffs as a Writer, Executive Producer, Director and Creator
- 1994 – Name of the Game, Sports Tales and Tunes as a Writer
- 1994 – Hanukkah Tales and Tunes as a Writer
- 1996 – What Do You Do All Day? as Producer, Director and Actor
- 2013 – Are You Here as a Writer, Producer and Director