Paul Giamatti Biography
Paul Giamatti born Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti is an American actor, comedian, and producer. He became fame for his breakout role in Private Parts (1997) as Kenny “Pig Vomit” Rushton. This role led to him playing more supporting roles such as Sergeant Hill in Saving Private Ryan (1998), Bob Zmuda in Man on the Moon (1999) and John Maxwell in Big Momma’s House (2000).
He won praise for his leading roles as Harvey Pekar in American Splendor (2003), Miles Raymond in Sideways (2004) and Mike Flaherty in Win Win (2011). He also continued to play supporting roles, like Joe Gould in Cinderella Man (2005).
These roles earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, Chief Inspector Uhl in The Illusionist (2006), Karl Hertz in Shoot ‘Em Up (2007), Nicholas “Nick” Claus in Fred Claus (2007), Tom Duffy in The Ides of March (2011), Theophilus Freeman in 12 Years a Slave (2013), Ralph in Saving Mr. Banks (2013), Eugene Landy in Love & Mercy (2015), Dr. Lawrence Hayes in San Andreas (2015) and Jerry Heller in Straight Outta Compton (2015).
Paul played the titular character in the HBO miniseries John Adams (2008). This character earned him a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award. Currently he stars as U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades Jr. in the Showtime television series Billions (2016–current).
How Old Is Paul Giamatti | Paul Giamatti Age
Paul was born on June 6, 1967 in New Haven Connecticut. He is 52 years old as of 2019.
Paul Giamatti Height | How Tall Is Paul Giamatti
Paul stands at a height of 1.74 m.
Paul Giamatti Family
Paul was born in New Haven, Connecticut. He is the youngest of three children. He is a son to A. Bartlett Giamatti (Angelo Bartlett Giamatti) who was a Yale University professor who later became president of the university and commissioner of Major League Baseball and Toni Marilyn Giamatti (née Smith) who was a homemaker and English teacher who taught at Hopkins School and had also previously acted.
Paul’s paternal grandfather’s family were Italian emigrants from Telese Terme; the family surname was originally spelled “Giammattei” (Italian pronunciation: [dʒammatˈtɛi]). The rest of Giamatti’s ancestry is German, Dutch, English, French, Irish, and Scottish. His paternal grandmother had deep roots in New England, dating back to the colonial era. His brother, Marcus, is also an actor, and his sister, Elena, is a jewelry designer.
Paul Giamatti Brother
Paul’s brother, Marcus, is also an actor. Hen is best known for being a regular member of the cast of the CBS drama series Judging Amy.
Paul Giamatti Education
Paul was first educated at The Foote School. He later graduated from Choate Rosemary Hall in 1985. Paul went to Yale University. In the undergraduate theater scene he was very active working alongside fellow actors and Yale students Ron Livingston and Edward Norton.
In 1989 he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English. He went on to earn a Master of Fine Arts degree from the Yale School of Drama, where he studied with Earle R. Gister. From 1989 to 1992 he performed in numerous theatrical productions, including Broadway and a stint with Seattle’s Annex Theater,before appearing in some small television and film roles in the early 1990s.
Paul Giamatti Wife | Elizabeth Cohen Paul Giamatti
Paul lives in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York. He was married to Elizabeth Cohen from 1997 to an undisclosed date in the 2000s. The two have a son, Samuel Giamatti, known as “Sam” (born 2001), who brought up in Elizabeth’s religion of Judaism.
Paul regard himself an atheist.
Paul Giamatti Movies |Paul Giamatti Films
Movies From Year 2011 To 2020
- 2020 – Jungle Cruise
- 2018 – I Think We’re Alone Now as Patrick
- 2018 – Private Life as Richard
- 2018 – The Catcher Was a Spy as Samuel Goudsmit
- 2016 – Ratchet & Clank as Chairman Drek
- 2016 – April and the Extraordinary World as Pizoni
- 2016 – The Phenom as Dr. Mobley
- 2016 – Morgan as Dr. Alan Shapiro
- 2015 – Giant Sloth as Gordon Boonewell
- 2015 – Love & Mercy as Dr. Eugene Landy
- 2015 – The Little Prince as The Academy Teacher
- 2015 – San Andreas as Dr. Lawrence Hayes
- 2015 – Straight Outta Compton as Jerry Heller
- 2014 – Ernest & Celestine as Rat Judge
- 2014 – River of Fundament as Ptah-Nem-Hotep
- 2014 – The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Aleksei Sytsevich/Rhino
- 2014 – Madame Bovary as Monsieur Homais
- 2013 – Turbo as Chet
- 2013 – The Congress as Dr. Baker
- 2013 – Romeo & Juliet as Friar Laurence
- 2013 – Parkland as Abraham Zapruder
- 2013 – 12 Years a Slave as Theophilus Freeman
- 2013 – All Is Bright as Dennis
- 2013 – Saving Mr. Banks as Ralph
- 2012 – Rock of Ages as Paul Gill
- 2012 – Cosmopolis as Benno Levin
- 2012 – John Dies at the End as Arnie Blondestone
- 2011 – Win Win as Mike Flaherty
- 2011 – Ironclad as King John
- 2011 – The Hangover Part II as Kingsley/Detective Peters
- 2011 – The Ides of March as Tom Duffy
Movies From Year 2000 To 2010
- 2010 – Barney’s Version as Barney Panofsky
- 2009 – Duplicity as Richard “Dick” Garsik
- 2009 – Cold Souls as Paul
- 2009 – The Haunted World of El Superbeasto as Dr. Satan/Steve Wachowski
- 2009 – The Last Station as Vladimir Chertkov
- 2008 – Pretty Bird as Rick
- 2007 – The Nanny Diaries as Mr. X
- 2007 – Shoot ‘Em Up as Karl Hertz
- 2007 – Too Loud a Solitude as Hanta
- 2007 – Fred Claus as Nicholas “Nick” Claus
- 2006 – Asterix and the Vikings as Asterix
- 2006 – The Hawk Is Dying as George Gattling
- 2006 – The Illusionist as Chief Inspector Uhl
- 2006 – Lady in the Water as Cleveland Heep
- 2006 – The Ant Bully as Stan Beals
- 2005 – Robots as Tim the Gate Guard
- 2005 – The Fan and the Flower as Narrator
- 2005 – Cinderella Man as Joe Gould
- 2004 – Sideways as Miles Raymond
- 2003 – Paycheck as Shorty
- 2003 – Confidence as Gordo
- 2002 – Big Fat Liar as Marty Wolf
- 2002 – Thunderpants as Johnson J. Johnson
- 2001 – Storytelling as Toby Oxman
- 2001 – Planet of the Apes as Limbo
- 2000 – Big Momma’s House as John Maxwell
- 2000 – Duets as Todd Woods
Movies From Year 1991 To 1999
- 1999 – Cradle Will Rock as Carlo
- 1999 – Man on the Moon as Bob Zmuda
- 1998 – The Truman Show as Control Room Director
- 1998 – Dr. Dolittle as Blaine
- 1998 – Saving Private Ryan as Sgt. Hill
- 1998 – The Negotiator as Rudy Timmons
- 1998 – Safe Men as Veal Chop
- 1997 – Arresting Gena Detective Wilson
- 1997 – Donnie Brasco as FBI Technician
- 1997 – Private Parts as Kenny “Pig Vomit” Rushton
- 1997 – My Best Friend’s Wedding as Richard the Bellman
- 1997 – Deconstructing Harry as Professor Abbot
- 1997 – A Further Gesture as Hotel Clerk
- 1996 -Breathing Room as George
- 1996 – Before and After as Member of the Jury
- 1995 – Mighty Aphrodite as Extras Guild Researcher
- 1995 – Sabrina as Scott
- 1992 – Singles as Kissing Man
- 1991 – Past Midnight as Larry Canipe
Paul Giamatti Tv Shows
Tv Shows From Year 2011 to 2018
- 2018 – Nature as Narrator
- 2018–present – Lodge 49
- 2017 – BoJack Horseman – Himself as BoJack
- 2017 – At Home with Amy Sedaris as Mr. Ogilvy
- 2016–present – Billions as Chuck Rhoades
- 2016–2017 – Outsiders
- 2015 – Breakthrough – Himself
- 2014 – The Roosevelts: An Intimate History as Theodore Roosevelt
- 2014 – Hoke as Hoke Mosely
- 2014–2015 – Inside Amy Schumer as God / Juror #10
- 2013 – Downton Abbey as Harold Levinson
- 2011 – Prohibition – Himself
- 2011 – Too Big to Fail as Ben Bernanke
Tv Shows From Year 1990 to 2010
- 2010 – 30 Rock as Ritchie
- 2008 – John Adams as John Adams
- 2006 – The Amazing Screw-On Head as Screw-On Head
- 2005 – Saturday Night Live as Himself (host)
- 2003 – The Pentagon Papers as Anthony Russo
- 2001 – King of the Hill as Mr. McKay
- 2000 – If These Walls Could Talk 2 as Ted Hedley
- 1999 – American Experience as Narrator
- 1998 – Homicide: Life on the Street as Harry Tjarks
- 1998 – Tourist Trap as Jeremiah Piper
- 1998 – Winchell as Herman Kurfeld
- 1996 – The Show as Jeffrey Roffman
- 1995 – New York News as Dr. Wargner
- 1994 – NYPD Blue as Man in Sleeping Bag
- 1990 – She’ll Take Romance as Heckler #2
Paul Giamatti New Movie
Jungle Cruise -2019
Paul Giamatti Net Worth
Paul has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Paul Giamatti Billions
Paul plays a lead role in the Showtime series Billions, portraying the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. The show, debuting in 2016, is loosely based on a real event.
Actor Paul Giamatti
Paul’s first high-profile role was as Kenny “Pig Vomit” Rushton in the film adaptation of Howard Stern’s Private Parts in 1997 . Stern commended Paul’s performance often on his radio program, calling for him to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Paul appeared in a number of supporting roles in the big-budget films in 1998 , The Truman Show, Saving Private Ryan and The Negotiator. He played Bob Zmuda and Tony Clifton in Miloš Forman’s Andy Kaufman biopic, Man on the Moon in 1999 . Paul went on working steadily during the early 2000s by appearing in major studio releases including Big Momma’s House, Planet of the Apes and Big Fat Liar.
Paul Giamatti Dead
Paul is still alive.
Paul Giamatti Oscar
Best Supporting Actor- 2006 · Cinderella Man
Paul Giamatti Awards
While continuing to play supporting roles, like Joe Gould in Cinderella Man (2005), which earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He played the titular character in the HBO miniseries John Adams (2008), which earned him a Golden Globe Award, a Primetime Emmy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Paul Giamatti Planet Of The Apes
Paul continued working steadily during the early 2000s by appearing in major studio releases including Big Momma’s House, Planet of the Apes and Big Fat Liar.
Planet of the Apes is a science fiction film directed by Tim Burton. It stars Mark Wahlberg, Tim Roth, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Clarke Duncan, Paul Giamatti, and Estella Warren. .
Paul Giamatti Wine Movie| Paul Giamatti Sideways
Sideways is a black comedy drama film directed by Alexander Payne and written by Jim Taylor and Payne. A film adaptation of Rex Pickett’s novel of the same name, Sideways follows two men in their forties, Miles Raymond (Paul Giamatti), a depressed teacher and unsuccessful writer, and Jack Cole (Thomas Haden Church), a past-his-prime actor, who take a week-long road trip to Santa Barbara County wine country to celebrate Jack’s upcoming wedding. Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen also star. The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 13, 2004, and was released in the United States on October 22, 2004.
Sideways won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, and was nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor (Haden Church) and Best Supporting Actress (Madsen).
Paul Giamatti Downton Abbey
Paul in the Downton Abbey Christmas Special, interview. Paul arrives on ITV for the Downton Abbey Christmas Special. Benji Wilson meets him.
Paul has just met the Prince of Wales. Not that Prince of Wales, but the one known as David who would go on to become Edward VIII. And of course not the real David but an actor playing him, in full regalia at a party in the Downton Abbey Christmas Special.