Ransom Riggs Bio
Ransom Riggs is an American writer and also a filmmaker. He is best known for the book Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
Ransom Riggs Age
Ransom Riggs Height
There are no records showing Ransom’s height on the media as he likes to keep it private. However, the author has an admirable height.
Ransom Riggs Net Worth
Having writte four successful books and one adopted as a mainstream movie, Ransom’s net worth is 1 million dollars.
Ransom Riggs Early life and education
Riggs was born in Maryland United States in 1979 on a 200-year-old farm. He then grew up in Florida, attending Pine View School for the Gifted. He took English literature at Kenyon College, and also studied film at the University of Southern California.
Ransom Riggs Daughter
Ransom together with his wife Tahereh are blessed with one child, a daughter born in 2017.
Ransom Riggs Wife|Married|Tahereh Mafi
Riggs has been married to Tahereh Mafi who is also an author since 2013. As of 2014, the couple lives in Santa Monica, California.They together have one child, daughter born on May 30, 2017.
Ransom Riggs Career
Rigg’s work on short films for the Internet and blogging for Mental Floss got him a job for writing The Sherlock Holmes Handbook. It was released as a tie-in to the 2009 Sherlock Holmes film. He had collected curious vernacular photographs and also approached his publisher, Quirk Books, about using some of them in as a picture book.
On the suggestion of an editor, Riggs used the photographs as a guide too from which to put together a narrative. The resulting book made was Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, making The New York Times Best Seller list, and was also adapted into the 2016 film of the same name. Another book inspired by old photographs was Talking Pictures, which was published by HarperCollins in October 2012.
The sequel Hollow City, which is The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine’s Children was released on January 14, 2014. The third installment in the Miss Peregrine’s series, named Library of Souls, was announced in early 2015. It was then released on September 22 the same year (2015). Rigg’s fourth novel in the series A Map of Days. was released October 2, 2018.
Ransom Riggs Books
- The Sherlock Holmes Handbook: The Methods and Mysteries of the World’s Greatest Detective. Quirk Books. 30 September 2009. ISBN 978-1-59474-429-7.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Quirk Books. 7 June 2011. ISBN 978-1-59474-513-3.
- Talking Pictures: Images and Messages Rescued from the Past. Harper Collins. 14 February 2012. ISBN 978-0-06-209949-5.
- Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine’s Children. Quirk Books. 14 January 2014. ISBN 978-1-59474-612-3.
- Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #3). Quirk Books. 22 September 2015. ISBN 978-1-59474-758-8.
- Tales of the Peculiar. Dutton Children’s Books. 3 September 2016. ISBN 978-0-399-53853-7.
- A Map of Days. Dutton Books for Young Readers. 2 October 2018. ISBN 978-0-735-23214-3.